DRAWING with guest artist RITA LAZAUSKAS
2 – 16 October 2021 – POSTPONED
contact ACTM for rescheduled dates in 2022
Travel Morocco with artist and ACTM director, RITA LAZAUSKAS and learn how to respond to your experience in a creative way through DRAWING, which will be broadly interpreted to include mixed media, painting, collage and printing.
This 14 day tour traverses a lot of Morocco from Marrakech to the High Atlas Mountains and Sahara.
Develop a visual record through drawing with a focus on observation and experimentation, to hone your visual and conceptual skills and combine technique with personal narrative.
Together we will spend 2 weeks exploring the sublime landscape of the High Atlas Mountains and Sahara. We will immerse ourselves in the traditional Amazigh (Berber) life-style and people – the art and architecture that combines exquisite traditional African arts and crafts as well as Islamic pattern and design.
The focus of this tour will be on observation and experimentation and will endeavour to:
- develop a series of drawings and/or an artists book (using your preferred mediums)
- learn new methods of observational drawing that develop skills in traversing a complex subject or site
- explore ways to focus on form and space to develop a composition
- experiment with a range of materials and techniques including drawing, painting with water colour or gouache, collage, mixed media, simple printing and book making techniques
- find new ways to create your own personal response to the experience of culture and place
Discussion will explore aspects of seeing, investigation and interpretation – how our memories and experience inform our work and how we can combine sight and insight in the development of a personal style.
10% DISCOUNT NOW ON OFFER